Saturday, May 28, 2011

28 May 2011

Photo challenge... Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

Ok so today I have skipped a day, I missed day 6 because it was a picture of someone you would like to trade places with for a day and I couldn't think of anyone! So I moved on to this... my most treasured item... couldn't really think of anything other than this... my heart! For a few different reasons... I have always known how important your heart is to living, but I guess I had always taken it for granted, but after being told that Lily only had half a heart I became thankful for how easy it is to forget about mine and take it for granted that it will always work and never let me down. Making it a fairly treasured thing. But also because it is with my heart that I live I guess... not just physically, but the emotions and feelings... I try to live "from the heart" if you get what I mean... I love my life, my family, my friends with all my heart, and I try to do things whole heartedly... so I am putting it up as my most treasured item... my heart...

I have been totally shattered today! No such thing as sleep ins any more! The kids are up at 6 - 6.30 and are still learning the art of watching tv quietly in the morning... I'm sure it will catch on right? They had a visit with their family today so came back a little upset, understandably... so we finished the day by going to the park for a play and then watching a movie with pizza tonight... We are picking up some bunks tomorrow, will be good to have both the kids in proper beds as one of them is currently in just a fold out one... We got some more of their stuff today... they needed more clothes as they only came with a weekend worth of stuff really... The poor things still have no idea what is happening for them... they only know what their family has told them today really and I don't know how accurate it is... it is different to what cyfs has told me so I guess it could be an ongoing battle with the kids not really knowing for a long time what the plan is for their lives now!!! What a way to spend each day! All we can do is give them what we can while they are here... 

Anyway, its my bedtime so I am thankful for...
~*~ Having enough to eat... This weekend is the weekend of the famine and it helps me to remember how lucky I am... I have more than enough food to eat and I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from (apart from those days when I don't wanna cook...) ~*~

And the positive from today...
~*~ Getting some more of the kids clothes, while a lot of them are unsuitable (holes, don't fit etc) it will do until we can hopefully get them some more... coming in to this colder whether means they need to be in warmer clothes!!! ~*~

Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment