Sunday, May 22, 2011

21 May 2011

.
Ever heard of a "form person"? That is what I call myself anyway... someone who loves to fill out forms.. and I do! I would fill out every form and questionnaire I could get my hands on! LOVE them! So that is why I have decided to take up a "30 day photo challenge"... it gives you a different instruction for a photo for 30 days... So today is Day 1 and the challenge is a photo of me and 10 facts about me... So there is the photo to the left and 10 facts about me...
1. I love my life! Even though this year has been tough, it has also been amazing and I still love my life! And consider myself extremely blessed in so many ways!
2. We are approved CYFS caregivers and offer emergency and respite care.
3. I have a birth mark on the side of one of my toes in the shape of a pair of lips.
4. I am extremely shy! EXTREMELY!
5. I like hot chocolates, but I LOVE the marshmellows that come with them!
6. My favourite flower is a lily... of any sort really. Have been for a very long time!
7. I have 4 mothers! Yip, 4! Beat that! :P
8. I don't have a fear of heights, but I do have a fear of falling!
9. I love to read and I love to do jigsaws
10. I took up knitting about 10 weeks ago for the first time since I was like 10, and I am loving it!


Anyway, onto the rest of the blog post...

  Today has been another busy day entertaining the very well behaved children staying with us. They really are a couple of fantastic kids who get along so well together and behave beautifully! 

Last night I was in bed watching American Idol and one of the contestants sang a song called "If I die young", I had never heard it before (you can see it *here*. The lyrics are incredible, at least I think so... some of the lyrics:

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me a way with the words of a love song

Lord make me a rainbow, 
I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colours
Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even gray, but she buries her baby.

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singing
Funny, when you're dead how people start listening
So my new favourite song for the moment! It just touched me really. I love that we buried her in satin, laid her to rest on a bed of rose petals and farewelled her with what could be classed as a love song I guess but we just thought it described her perfectly (Bruno Mars - Just the way you are). I love that her farewell was such a special celebration of her life, even if it was so short! And I am still so grateful to everyone who helped make that day what it was! We weren't in a state to do it, so we are lucky to have had people around who were able to take our ideas and ramblings and random outbursts of thoughts and turn it into exactly what we wanted! And thank you to everyone who came...

So ended a good (tiring) day with an even better evening! The fantastic Brenz and Rach came round (with dinner) and stayed to talk and catch up for ages! It was great! Thanks guys! Lets do it again soon!!! And to make it even better... Luke surprised me with a new cell phone tonight! :D Completely unexpected!

We are not going to church in the morning, because there is baby dedications happening, and while I love that this gets to happen, and am happy for those there with babies to dedicate, I don't think I could be there for it when we should be there too with Lily. So yes, also one of the kiddies with us has chicken pox... so no going and infecting everyone!

Anyway, today I am thankful for
~*~ Brenz and Rach! Great food and great company! ~*~

And the positive from the day...
~*~ My new phone!!! YAY!!! ~*~

Sarah. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment