Sunday, May 22, 2011

22 May 2011

Photo challenge day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
My mum!!! Pictured with Lily, her first grandbaby. She is a totally amazing woman who I look up to! A real inspiration and I am so extremely blessed to be able to call her mum!

Today was another tiring day! The kids that are here have had enough and just want to go home, and I hate not even being able to tell them when they will be able to do so! I have tried calling cyfs today but being a Sunday, had no luck :( Poor kids! I would just want to go home to! Even if the place I went to had an xbox! There is no substitute for home! Will be making sure there is contact with cyfs tomorrow! These kids need to know that there is a plan for them and they haven't been dumped somewhere and forgotten about until it is more convenient! That's not fair! They are only kids! Whether they can go home yet or not... they need to know there is a plan, that things are happening for them!

This afternoon Luke entertained them while I went for a walk... a nice long walk... it was good, and it is good to have more of my energy back! I did my 'normal' walk but still had energy so kept going, lots of uphill around this area! And I only stopped because my feet got sore... I still had more energy I could have used but my feet are important and I should look after them right? Otherwise they make me pay!

Anyway, also hoping to get my blood results back tomorrow... I am going to ring them... which is saying something because like I said the other day I HATE ringing people/places!!! Hope they ring me first! I can deal with that!

So today I am thankful for...
~*~ Being in a position where we are able to provide a safe, caring home for kids who need it even if they don't want to be here! ~*~

And the positive...
~*~ Still my new phone! Am having MUCH fun with it... also getting out and going for a walk! ~*~

Sarah.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay on the walk, yay on the new phone :D

    Sad for the kids though :( SO many kids in that position all around the world... BUT at least these two have awesome caring people looking after them until something is sorted :)

    ReplyDelete