Thursday, June 16, 2011

16 June 2011


The photos are of my latest knitting project...it is not perfect at all but I am pretty happy with it! Its a tunic/dress thing, was meant to be long sleeved but since I did it in a little size I didn't want long sleeves so tried to do cap type sleeves on it instead... with my very first attempt at knitting a picture into my work... a pink butterfly... not even CLOSE to perfect but not bad for my first go I think!

So this is it, my last couple of days before going back to work... I can't believe how quickly the time is gone! I am kind of excited but also kind of anxious about going back... not anxious like concerning anxious, just the normal anxious... kind of the feeling I get when I have to do tests or be assessed for something... but I think that is normal (for me at least) after being off work for 3 months! It makes it a bit easier to go back when I know that the people I work with are so amazing and an incredible support. Because if there is anything I have learned though this time (I have learned a lot more but hey...) it is that emotions are completely unpredictable and unexpected... so while I expect to be fine going back, I am still going to allow myself to feel what I feel... 

It is going to be weird not having all this spare time!

Ok so an update on these kiddies... we appear to have the stealing issue sorted, for now at least.... we have said that the kids can stay on until their case is sorted (8ish weeks) but that cyfs has to work out before and after school care for when I go back to work... they knew this a couple of weeks ago and yet tomorrow is Friday and they still haven't got it sorted... very frustrating! And even worse, the poor things still have no idea what is happening with their case and still expect to be going home soon.

Before they came to us, Miss F was seeing a psychiatrist each week and since she has been with us she hasn't been able to see them at all (thanks cyfs)... this could be why we were having the behaviours we were. It is also hard when she has asked me a few times when she gets to see her psychiatrist again... to me she is recognising that she needs to see them which is a good thing and should be recognised and supported, but I have been powerless to get this sorted for her, despite phone calls and emails regarding it... however I have finally heard that she has an appointment on Tuesday...

The positive of today...
~*~ Lunch and hot chocolate with Rach... but we forgot to have the goodies afterwards! Too busy talking!! Thanks Rach for the date ~*~

And I am thankful for...
~*~ The recognition of the time I would need off work after having a baby, still getting maternity leave payments even though I lost my baby has given me the opportunity to take the time off that I needed and return to work 'ready'. And not only has it helped in the sense of not having to go back before I was ready to work, but has allowed me time to grieve and become ok with me again at my pace and without pressure ~*~

Sarah. :D

1 comment:

  1. well done Sary- Many people never attempt knitting pictures into their work - its something that is normally picked up several years into knitting not just weeks. Shows how clever and very creative you are. Great butterfly everything can be improved upon with practice. I see you also used more than one colour too. XX

    ReplyDelete