Saturday, June 11, 2011

11 June 2011

The photo is of Lily's grave site as of today... it looks a bit of a mess but its not really!! Lol It is a bit blown around today so the plant isn't looking its best... and the photo doesn't do it justice, it is bright and colourful and full of love!

Today was a good day :) Managed to get some stuff done :) The kids were off visiting their family and Luke was at work... I went out to Lily's grave and took some tulips and another sort of flower out to put in the glass vase that isn't meant to be there... :P  It was good to go there, am glad the rain hadn't arrived yet!

Tonight Heidi and Raewyn (Lukes sister and mum) came round and looked after the kids while Luke and I went and had dinner and caught up with Renee and Glen and Pip and Phil and the very cute baby Lachlan... Was a good night! Would love to do it again soon! I got to have some lovely LOOOOONG cuddles with Lachlan... he smelt yummy! Lol. While sometimes it is hard to see babies and little kiddies, it is getting easier and I still enjoy them and they still make me very clucky! I just think that at the moment it is the NEXT round of babies that is harder as I have tried to explain in other posts... the ones I get to snuggle now are all from the same wave as Lily... its the next round that I miss out on, thats what I found hard... I failed when it was my go, so now its someone elses turn... but just as it got easier to be round babies, I imagine it will get easier to hear other people are pregnant now too... I hope so anyway...

So the positive of the day...
~*~ dinner and catch up with friends and cuddles with Lachlan :D~*~

And I am thankful for...
~*~ Inlaws who babysit! Thanks Raewyn and Heidi!! ~*~

Sarah.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I just want to say that I don't think you have failed. You are a beautiful creative woman whose daughter died way too young, and no you are not currently pregnant, but you have not failed. love Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Jane you are right. Sary you are a major success. You shared the life of our little girl (and gave us the permission to call her so) right from the beginning although you knew that it may be for a very short time that we shared her alive. We are lucky enough to have her memory and our individual memories of the special time of her birth. This was because of you there is NO failure in that. You didn't fail Lily - you gave her a deep love throughout her short life- there is no greater gift. You didn't fail yourself, Luke or any of us - you showed your true colours and they are magnificent. I cherish this time as one of the most important times of my life - and you know how OLD I am! it sits alongside 3 other births.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tulips and chrysanthemums are lovely - especially the little yellow flowering one in the back of the plant pot. We left a little glass marble on top of the cross to say we had been but also to reflect all the gorgeous colours that surround Lily's grave.

    ReplyDelete