Monday, October 1, 2018

Capture you grief 2018 - 1 October 2018

Capture Your Grief 2018

A few years ago I took part in the Capture your Grief project where each day I posted a photo (some with writing to go with them) each around a daily 'theme' that had something to do with my personal grief journey surrounding the loss of our Lily. I haven't done it for a couple of years, but have decided to take part in this years, but this year will be, for me, more written than visual. Sadly, in her short life, we only have so many photos, and I am sure you have noticed I have shared the same few photos over, and over again. And while those photos are precious, they are the same today as they were on March 17, 2011. However, my journey continues. I am not the same person I was that day and I am not in the same place on my journey as I was then. So, if you want to read my ramblings, this years Capture Your Grief, will be written (at least mostly).

Day 1: Sunrise

Of course a fitting first topic this month. The first day of Baby/infant/child loss awareness month. The sunrise, a new day. Sunrises are beautiful and can bring a promise of new, better, future, beginnings. But some days, these also bring a feeling of ‘another day without…’, another day without Lily, another day my life continues without her, another day I don’t get to see her smile, laugh, talk, another day I can’t hold her. Don’t get me wrong, I treasure Zeke and Annie, and as hard as it is to accept, I would not change anything and chance losing what I have now. But that does not mean I miss Lily any less, or that my love for her is any less, or that I don’t wish to hold her again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment