Thursday, October 18, 2018

Capture your grief - Day 18

Day 18 – Joy (What are your thoughts on feeling joy and happiness after loss?)

This one is nice and simple. It took time, but ultimately, I know there is no one I love that I would want to see spending their lives sad or not feeling joy and happiness, so I know Lily wouldn’t want that for us. I don’t know if that sounds a cop out, but it’s true. But like I said, it took time. I guess it helped that we chose to spend Lily’s life celebrating and focusing on being happy with the gift we were given, the precious life we were given, even though it was short. Although it took time, I had a different outlook on life, one of those things that only ever happen to other people, happened to us, and we were reminded how precious and short life can be. Why would I spend the time I have unhappy? I never felt guilt at feeling happy. When the people I love are sad, it hurts. If Lily was watching, I wouldn’t want to be hurting her by choosing to not allow myself to be happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment