Saturday, October 6, 2018

Capture your grief - Day 6 - Healing

Day 6 – Healing 

What is healing to me? When it comes to my journey with Lily, healing looks like something that is continuous. It is a decision, and sometimes a hard one to make. It is putting one foot in front of the other and choosing to focus on the good things, the love and the happiness. Healing is being kind to myself on the days where the wounds break open again. Healing for me is knowing and accepting that losing Lily will always be a painful part of my life. Healing is saying her name, talking about Lily and sharing the story of her part in our lives. Healing is knowing it is ok to cry. Healing is a journey full of roundabouts and u-turns, but it is staying on the road and continuing to move. Healing is one foot in front of the other 90% of the time but allowing yourself to take pauses, take time to breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment