Sunday, May 22, 2016

Enough is Enough!

Those who know me well know I'm not very good at staying quiet, so today I am going to reaffirm that by posting this out there.

In a few places around our country today the marchformoko was held where people attended a walk, making a stand, demanding better protection of our children. I couldn't attend the Hamilton one, but wished I could, so instead I have changed my profile pictures away from the beautiful pictures of my beautiful, amazingly loved children, to messages saying 'enough is enough'.

Because ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

New Zealand has the fifth worst child abuse record out of 31 OE


CD Countries, and that is disgusting, we are doing something wrong!

More than 30,000 NZers got together to march against the TPPA (great!) but what is it going to take to get that many people to STAND TOGETHER against child abuse? Don't quietly sit by and discuss your opinions and ideas around a small dinner table, lets stand side by side in our streets, in the schools, it's time to make some drastic changes!

I don't have the answers, I don't know how to change it, but clearly what we are doing isn't working! Maybe we start with tougher sentencing (currently it's a bit of a joke if you ask me), or less 'second (or third or fourth) chances' for parents. More support for parents? More help?
The children of this nation, are this nations future, it's about time we start looking after them ALL.

Speak out! Speak up! Make your voice heard, for the sake of those not listened to, for the sake of our children and our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment