Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I wonder...

I wonder, if you knew your time was very limited, what would you change about your life in the time you had left? What would you want to do before you said goodbye to your loved ones, and this world, for the last time? Maybe doctors give you 6 months, maybe a year, maybe 2, would you live your life differently knowing it would soon be over?

It's something I have been pondering tonight, not in a morbid way, just in a thoughtful, challenging way. 

What would I do? I have no idea, I know I haven't achieved all I want to, but I don't know what I want to achieve. Of course I want to raise my kids, watch them grow up and be there for their adult years too, but there is more I want to achieve, I want to make a difference in this world, but I have not yet figured how exactly what difference, or how! All I can do is hope and pray the end doesn't come for me before I figure it out!

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. I often think about this, but never really find an answer! I think at the end of the day if I only had a short time, I'd want to spend as much of it as I could making memories with, and loving on, my family and close friends! It's a hard one when you start thinking of all you're capable of, and everything you could achieve! A bit of a motivator to get a move on and just do things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a good reminder when you find yourself just 'doing life', like you say, you are capable of so much more than just getting by :)

      Delete